Thursday, May 21, 2009

U$ & Money

Ever since I first started contracting, someone has always been telling me that I need to do something with my money. Think about your future they say. I could really careless about money and I may be wrong in thinking like that, but it's the truth. I want to be able to enjoy the money I have while I'm young and have it. Recently while I was home, I did drop $10k into an IRA. Is that good enough? Will you lay off now?

For those of you who really know me, you know that I can be an ass or the greatest person ever. Right? If I'm able, while I'm able, I will bend over backwards to help a family member or friend out. People usually talk to me and say that I'm a good listener and can give good advice. So, if all that is true, then why if you are in need, is it hard for you to ask me for help? I never thought of myself as the unapproachable type. Pride? Dignity? Whatever. We all need help every now and again, and if you can't bring yourself to ask for it, then you deserve whatever comes your way.

Granted, I don't like dealing with money and friends and family. It's just not good and never will be. I'm not one to exile a friend or family member for borrowing money and not paying it back. Just don't ever ask again. Yes, I do however keep track of it all. I can tell you where every single penny has gone of my money from April 2008 to present. I'm just anal like that.

When I get back home, things may change, but I highly doubt it. I have a new car to get and a lot of traveling to do. Saving money isn't fun. I don't get any kind of joy out of looking at my bank balances. What I do get joy out of is spending! *smiling* To each their own.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!
    We all do know you Jay...at the ones that care enough to read your blog every day. I just want you to know that YOU DID DO THE RIGHT THING investing some of your money into an IRA and for the simple fact that when the going gets tough and you are in need again its there and you wont have to sell off all of your assets or receive hand me outs from anyone! Everyone has been through a time in their life that they have been in need including you! We are blessed to have such wonderful loving caring people in our lives that can help us without any REGRETS or GUILTS!!! Regardless of pride or embarrassment or whatever else prevents them from coming to us...those that love us will see for themselves or catch wind of the trials others face and come through without complaint or disqust because they know that in their time of need WE WILL BE THERE FOR THEM!!!!

    Veal

    ReplyDelete