Friday, June 12, 2009

Fire! Fire! Fire!

So, what a way to be woken up this morning at about 0430! A ton of smoke and a loud pop! My roommate, Jay, woke me up and told me that the room was on fire! I could barely breath. I jumped up and threw on my clothes and started running around. He tried putting it out with a towel, but that didn't work for him. In our room we have a "closet", which used to be a shower room. In that room is where the SIPR and NIPR switches are held. We don't use the room and never go in there.
Apparently a switch or outlet or whatever it used to be had shorted, being the cause of the fire. Now, KBR is in charge of the electrical shit around here, which no one likes. If you search the news, KBR is already responsible for a few servicemen deaths, by faulty electrical work. Don't believe me, look it up. No one can stand KBR, but for now, they are the only company capable of doing the contract which they continuously win.And of course the first words out of KBR's mouth was that it was the TCF's fault for overloading the switch. BULLSHIT! They run the shit in that room, yeah, but that room hasn't changed in all the damn time that I've been here, so why now? Everyone called it too, that KBR would put the blame on someone else. My roommate and I could have been toast if it had gotten way out of hand. He was going to use the fire extinguser on the fire, but we talked about it and decided not to, because of the electronic equipment in there, we weren't sure that it would harm it or not. So, I called the KVFD, which is right behind us and they came over. They had to drive over, so in that time, I got the same towel that Jay had tried to use and I went in the room with the fire and put it out. The air was filled with fine black soot, or whatever, which is all over every freaking thing! I wiped my face and it was black, the inside of my nose was black and my white t-shirt wasn't so white anymore. The smell was/is horrible too!So, yeah, it was a very eventful morning! Then, I've been stressing over trying to get this one truck taken care of before I leave KV. Well, this morning it also shows up. Come to find out, someone, somewhere, has no clue as to what the hell they are talking about. They've been making a fuss that I hadn't been giving them service out here in KV, all about a VIK conversion KIT, and when it came down to it, it's not what they thought or wanted. Fuckers!

Oh yeah, check out this cob web too that collected some of the black soot!Then, a truck that I checked out a week ago, which checked out fine, needs to be looked at because the ECM won't even come on. I've been troubleshooting it, because I've never had a situation like this. I've checked all the cables and connections and everything is fine. Used a multimeter on the battery cables, all fine. I don't have a clue. So, I'm asking for help and currently waiting on it, via NIPR. It's been some day for my supposedly last day at KV!

Oh, here's a picture of my cave in my room too! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment